The holidays may be over but Summer is still in the air (not excluding the occasional thunderstorm). This fresh, zesty summer wrap is filled with delicious flavours and is incredibly easy to make. Perfect for a packed lunch or quick dinner!
For the chicken
2 x chicken breasts
1 x tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground allspice
Salt & pepper
For the corn salsa
1 x red onion
2 x tbsp white wine vinegar
2 x tbsp caster sugar
1 x tsp salt
bunch of coriander
2 x corn on the cob
For the wraps
4 x tortilla wraps
1 x avocado, mashed
100g feta cheese
4 x lime wedges
- Coat the chicken breasts in the allspice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Covering the chicken breasts with wax paper, pound them to an even thickness using a rolling pin.
- In an oiled frying pan, on a medium heat, cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through. Set Aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together white wine vinegar, caster sugar and salt.
- Chop the onion into thin slices and place into the vinegar mixture to pickle for 10-15 minutes, drain.
- On a hot grill pan, char the mielies, turning constantly.
- Once the mielies are done, in the same pan, place each tortilla wrap individually in the pan until warm and the surface starts to show grill lines. Warm on both sides.
- Shred the cooked chicken.
- Rotating your mielie cobs, cut the charred kernels from the corn.
- Mix together a handful of coriander with your mielie kernels and pickled onion.
Assembling your wrap
Cover the upward facing side of each tortilla with about a tablespoon of mashed avo before topping with corn mixture and shredded chicken. Crumble feta cheese over the top and drizzle with a squeeze of lime juice.