Winter can be a little dreary and unpleasant, but with the perfect warm beverage, that warm, fuzzy feeling is just a sip away!
Since one of the greatest perks of winter is coupling a yummy meal with a lip-licking beverage, we decided to put together a list of our favourite winter drinks – the perfect companions to cozy up with on a chilly day!
What’s even better, Eetrite has all the necessary products to make your delicious drinks from scratch. See our picks and enjoy!
Winter beverage #1 | Yummy Chai Tea
A cup of tea is the best way to soothe the day away, and we have picked our favourite – chai! Quick, easy and delicious, this fragrant milky blend of aromatic spices will warm you up from head to toe.
If you are a tea brewer at heart, grab one of our unique cast iron tea infusers to blend your favourite tea leaves.
- 8 cardamom seeds
- 8 cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 bags black tea
- 8 teaspoons sugar or more, to taste
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush and blend the cardamom, cloves, and peppercorns.
- Place the crushed spices in a medium saucepan, along with the cinnamon sticks, ginger, milk, and 2 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add the tea bags, cover, and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain into cups. To each cup, add 2 teaspoons sugar or more, to taste.
Winter beverage #2 | Hot Cocoa with Toasted Marshmallows
Cold weather goes hand-in-hand with hot cocoa! Whip up a cup, wrap yourself up in a blanket and put on a good rom-com. You will forget about your winter woes once this sweet treat touches your lips.
- 1 serving hot cocoa mix
- A handful of mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons malted milk powder
- Heat broiler (of oven or toaster oven).
- Place the marshmallows on a foil-lined ovenproof baking sheet and broil until just golden, about 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, prepare the hot cocoa mix according to the package directions.
- Mix with the malted milk powder.
- Top with the toasted marshmallows.
Winter beverage #3 | Mulled Wine with Cranberries
This winter beverage has a tasty kick and is perfect for entertaining friends on a wintery day!
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 pieces star anise
- 3 cups dry red wine (such as Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry juice cocktail, sugar, cinnamon sticks, and star anise. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and cranberries and bring back to a simmer. Serve warm.