Treat your partner to a Sunday brekkie-in-bed or if you have little ones, get the kids involved for some fun in the kitchen! This super easy recipe is scrumptious and the perfect start to your Sunday this World Blueberry Pancake Day! Whether you call them crumpets, flapjacks or pancakes, this melt-in-your-mouth recipe is the best way to start your day!
This recipe makes about 12 pancakes.
- 200 grams self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- knob of melted butter (about 12g)
- 75g blueberries – for batter, halved
- 75g blueberries – serving
- sunflower oil or a little butter for cooking
- a pinch of salt
- golden or maple syrup
- 2 bananas, sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with the milk.
- Using your hands, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour the milk mixture into the well and whisk to combine, until the batter is smooth.
- Beat in the melted butter.
- Gently stir in the halved blueberries.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil or small knob of butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Drop a large tablespoonful of the batter per pancake into the pan meauring about 7.5cm across.
- Make three or four pancakes at a time. Cook for about 3 minutes over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden. Cover with paper towel to keep them warm while you use up the rest of the batter.
Lastly, serve with golden syrup, and top with banana slices and the rest of the blueberries (assuming you could resist eating them all while cooking).
You you have any tasty pancake recipes that you would like to share? Let us know!