This delicious recipe is the perfect treat on a cold night, so let your home be filled with warm aromas of cinnamon from our nutty Apple Crumble Muffins.
Filled with chunky apple slices and topped with a delectable crumble, these muffins take apple crumble to a whole new level!
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- A cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 apple
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil softened
- 1½ Tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Core and roughly chop the apple into chunks.
- In a large bowl combine milk, coconut oil, honey, coconut sugar, yogurt, vanilla and egg. Stir until well combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour dry ingredients over wet mixture and whisk until smooth. Gently fold in the apples and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir the crumble ingredients together until a sticky mixture forms.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full of the batter and sprinkle generously with the topping.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Caution, this recipe may make your neighbours hungry!