Milk tart pistachio ice-cream
- 750ml whipping cream
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cinnamon quills
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 300g condensed milk, chilled overnight
- 100g pistachio nuts, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125g butter
- pinch of salt
- Cinnamon to serve
- Place 250ml cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon sticks and ground cinnamon in a saucepan. Bring the cream up to the boil and reduce the temperature down by half.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to infuse for at least 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and discard the solids.
- NB – Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together the chilled cinnamon cream, the remaining cream and condensed milk until combined and soft peaks form.
- Transfer the ice-cream to a freezer safe container and place in the freezer for 2 hours
- Remove from the freezer and mash up the slightly solidified cream with a fork to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Mix in the pistachio nuts.
- Place back into the freezer overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter and sugar together and add the egg, beat to combine.
- Add all other ingredients and combine with your hands until you have a stiff dough.
- Roll the dough out to about 7mm thick
- Cut the dough into the desired shapes using a floured cookie cutter.
- Trasnfer to a greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden.
- Remove the ice-cream from the freezer and leave to stand for a few minutes to soften.
- Line up your cookies
- Using the same cookie cutter as before, press into the ice-cream to form a shape and transfer to the top of a cookie. Simply press the ice-cream out onto the top of the cookie. Cut and shape if necessary with a paring knife.
- Press a second cookie on top.
- Repeat until you have used up the ice-cream.
To serve, dust with cinnamon and sprinkle with pistachio nuts.
Please follow and like us: