Steaming hot and home baked Cinnamon buns are just a recipe away from filling your home with cozy aromatic winter smells. Stay home this weekend and treat yourself to your very own Cinnabons! It’ll be so worth it!
4 ½ cups flour
½ cup sugar
1 tbsp instant dry yeast
1 tbsp salt
4 large eggs & 1 egg yolk (room temperature)
1 cup warm milk
250g soft unsalted butter
Cinna – Filling
85g unsalted butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
Cream cheese Icing
56g unsalted butter
85g cream cheese
½ tbsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Add the eggs and milk and using an electric mixer fitted with dough hooks, mix on low speed until fully incorporated. Increase the speed to medium and mix for another 5 minutes.
- Add the butter 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing well to incorporate after each addition.
- Cover the bowl and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- While the dough rests, in a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured baking sheet and pat out into a rectangle – about 2.5cm thick. Cover with plastic wrap and pop into the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and onto a lightly floured work surface and roll out into a rectangle about 1cm thick.
- Dollop the cinna-filling onto the surface of the dough, and spread into an even layer.
- Starting with the long side closest to you, roll the dough into a tight spiral.
- Slice the finished roll into 3cm logs.
- Arrange the rolls inside a large greased baking dish.
- Bake until they are golden on the surface and the filling is bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes. While the rolls bake, combine the ingredients for the frosting in a medium bowl.
- While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread the frosting on them while they are still warm so that the frosting melts into the rolls
Oh, so yummy!