We are thrilled to announce that we will be launching our brand new range of cast iron casseroles in September! To celebrate, we decided to put our new range of cookware to the test and cook up a delicious lamb casserole right before the warmth of Spring fills the air. What better way to say goodbye to the cold weather than with a hearty stew for the whole family?
800g lamb knuckles
4 cloves garlic
2 onions, sliced
30ml soy sauce
1000ml beef stock
1 (425g) tinned chopped tomatoes
2 sprigs fresh rosemary and/or thyme
400g baby potatoes
3 medium carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
2 celery stalks, thickly sliced
salt and milled black pepper
20ml fresh parsley, roughly chopped
To serve: rice or mashed potatoes
*Cook’s note: for a heartier stew add a tin or mixed beans in the last 10 minutes of cooking time
• Preheat the oven to 160°C
• Heat the oil in your EETRITE CAST IRON CASSEROLE(coming soon).
• Season the lamb knuckles with the paprika
• Brown the lamb knuckles, in batches, for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden and browned
• Transfer the meat to a plate
• Return the casserole to the stove and gently fry the onions and garlic over a low heat for 5 -7 minutes
• Add the soy sauce and cook for 1 minute
• Return the meat to the casserole dish along with the beef stock, tinned tomatoes and rosemary and/or thyme
• Cover the casserole with the lid and cook in the oven for 1h15 minutes
• Remove the casserole from the oven and add the potatoes, carrots and celery and season with salt and pepper
• Stir, cover and return to the oven for another hour, or until the meat is meltingly tender
• Top with fresh parsley and serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
So good to indulge in one last big roast for the season. bon appétit!
If you would like to be notified once our cast iron range arrives, send us a DM on Facebook or Instagram with your email address. Here is a sneak peek of the range to wet your appetite: