There really is something magical about the festive season. The atmosphere is filled with the anticipation of a well deserved break, family gatherings, laughter and the unavoidable, but always enjoyed – cheesy Christmas cracker jokes! For us, the absolute highlight of the silly season has to be the droolworthy food!
At Eetrite, we love all the Christmas traditions, from kissing under the mistletoe, to leaving something special out for Santa, and then there is the ultimate treat – the Christmas roast, a must for any holiday feast!
See our 3 must-have festive stuffing recipes…for the ‘stuffing’ dreams are made of!
Sage and Onion Stuffing for Roast Pork, Duck or Turkey
One of our favourite festive stuffing recipes is the combination of Sage and onion. which makes a classic stuffing for roast pork, duck and turkey, with the sage counteracting the fattiness of the rich meats. Serve with apple sauce, roast potatoes and steamed vegetables.
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 table spoons butter
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 table spoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 tea spoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tea spoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 small egg beaten
- 1 packet of bacon
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the Bacon and pan fry until crunchy.
- Add the onions and cook until softened.
- Mix with breadcrumbs, sage, thyme, lemon rind and egg, then season.
Mixed Mushroom Stuffing for a Roasted Chicken
Our festive stuffing recipes are also suited to a range of roasts and meats. The natural juices from the chicken combined with your favourite range of mushrooms makes for a mouth-watering stuffing for your Christmas Chicken roast.
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of Mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup of white breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg.
- Chop an onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and add the onion and garlic.
- After 10 minutes add the mushrooms and thyme and turn up the heart until the mushrooms are crisply.
- Remove from heat, graze with lemon and leave to cool.
- Mix the breadcrumbs into the mixture.
- Beat the egg and add to mixture.
Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed with Cream Cheese
Stuffed Belle peppers are a great addition to a Festive feast, and enjoy their own Festive stuffing recipes!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package cream cheese
- 2 onions
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper
- Chop the onions and garlic into small pieces.
- Ground the walnuts
- Mix the cream cheese, walnuts, garlic, salt, pepper in a food processor until creamy.
- Fold the onions into the mixture.
- Your stuffing is ready and you can process to stuff the peppers with a piping bag and then roast them in the oven.
Serve your delicious Christmas roasts on a selection of beautiful Eetrite platters, for a joyous occasion!