This refreshing fruity-treat is a healthy and easy alternative to store bought ice-cream or sugar-filled frozen yoghurt. Once you’ve tried our Berry & Pineapple frosted-treat recipe, you’ll be inspired to experiment with other fruits and flavours in your next batch!
350g frozen strawberries
350g fresh pineapple chunks
300g plain full cream greek yoghurt
2 tbsp honey
½ tsp vanilla extract
Zest of 1 lemon
- Puree the strawberries in a blender until smooth.
- Add 150g of yoghurt to the pureed strawberries and blend.
- Decant the strawberry mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Blend the pineapple, blueberries, honey, lemon zest, vanilla extract and the rest of the yoghurt
- Add the pineapple blend to the mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan or baking dish and place in the freezer overnight.
- Using your ice-cream scoop, spoon 2 to 3 scoops into a dessert bowl.
- Top with fresh fruit and a sprig of mint.
We love this recipe as a guilt-free summer snack or a quick and easy dessert to whip up the night before having family over, especially with heat waves we’ve been experiencing. Let us know how yours came out!