Who doesn’t enjoy freshly baked homemade chocolate brownies? Sociopaths, that’s who! Jokes aside, we hope you enjoy making, tasting and if you’re feeling generous, sharing these chocolaty squares of heaven with your friends or family.
You probably have these ingredients as a staple in your pantry, so no need to head to the shops when you’re feeling snacky. What’s also great about this recipe is it’s a great alternative to a banana loaf when it comes to using overripe bananas!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Grease a baking dish with butter.
- In a mixing bowl, use a fork to mash the bananas.
- Add sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Add flour, salt and cocoa powder. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish.
- Use a spoon to add dollops of peanut butter to the top of your brownie mixture.
- Using a spatula, lightly swirl the peanut butter into the mixture.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Leave to cool before cutting into squares.
Serve with a scoop of ice-cream & enjoy!
Excuse us while we go and munch as many homemade chocolate brownies as possible before the family gets home! Send us your pics on social media so we can see how yours turned out.