We love the opportunity to sneak some yogurt into a bake; it makes baked goods extra moist and creamy. Our cheesy muffins are a dairy lover’s delight! Not everyone is a fan of a sugary treat and so these savoury muffins are great to enjoy as an alternative with your morning or afternoon tea. We’re already putting the kettle on.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Add butter and garlic to a microwave proof bowl and, keeping an eye on it – place in the microwave until melted. Stir to combine.
- Brush your muffin pan generously with the butter mixture.
- Place all of the wet ingredients into a mixing bowl, and whisk together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, place dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry mixture & whisk.
- Add the cheddar cheese & stir to combine.
Spoon the mixture into your muffin pan – right to the top of the cups.
Bake for 22 – 25 minutes
Isn’t that freshly baked aroma filling the house just the most delicious smell! Yum. Let us know how your cheesy muffins turned out on social media, we love hearing from you.