We aren’t sure who first thought of combining chocolate and hazelnuts but they were nothing short of genius. In this recipe for Decadent Chocolate Hazelnut Biscuits, we get to enjoy all things choc-hazel and homemade. The best part? They’re crispy on the outside and have a delicious chewy centre. We can’t wait to have these delicious Chocolate hazelnut biscuits with our tea!
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup Maizena
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
190 g unsalted butter – room temperature
60 ml milk
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
50 g dark chocolate – to use as a topping later
- Preheat oven to 180°C and take out 2 non-stick cookie sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, Maizena, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add half the flour mix and beat until just combined.
- Add the milk, the remainder of the flour mixture and the oats. Mix until it starts forming big clumps.
- Finally, add the choc chips and hazelnuts and combine until just mixed through.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough and transfer to the baking trays. Space the cookies about 5cm apart.
- Bake for around 18 minutes, turning them halfway through until golden on the edges.
- Allow them to cool on the non-stick cookie sheets for a few minutes before using a spatula to transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Melt the extra chocolate and drizzle over the top. Let them set before serving.
We hope you love this recipe as much as us, it’s quick and easy. Share your creations with us on social media and tag us or use #eetrite.