This cinnamon & citrus poached pears recipe is nothing short of decadent. It’s well worth the prep work and will add a glamorous touch to the end of an evening of entertainment with friends or family.
* Note – this is an overnight recipe
What you need:
- 4 Pears
- 1l water
- 320g caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- A handful of almond flakes
- 100ml pouring cream
- Heat the oven to grill
- Place all the ingredients except the pears into a saucepan or casserole pot
- Peel the pears (keeping the stalks intact) and add to the saucepan
- Place the saucepan on the stovetop & bring to the boil
- Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for about 1 hour or until pears are nice and soft, rotating the pears every 15 minutes
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool to room temperature in the saucepan
- Once the pan has cooled to room temperature, cover with a lid and place in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the pan from the fridge and carefully scoop out the pears onto a cutting board.
- Bring the sugar mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer to create a syrup (about 15 minutes)
- Slice the pears in half
- Sprinkle the almond flakes onto a baking sheet and pop into the oven until just bown
- Arrange the pear halves onto a serving board
- Scatter almond flakes over the pears
- Drizzle with a few tabblespoons of syrup
- Drizzle with fresh pouring creamServe with a scoop of double thick cream or vanilla ice-cream.
Who says fruit can’t be a delicious dessert? Let us know how yours turned out by sharing your pictures with us on social media or tagging @eetrite_homeware on Instagram!