When it comes to confectioneries, we love a spicy treat, especially if it involves cinnamon. This recipe gives a hat tip to the gloriously moreish cinnabons of the world. Get your muffin tins ready, you’re about to make the best cinnamon and pecan nut muffins with a creamy vanilla drizzle!
What you’ll need
Muffin Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
Muffin Wet ingredients:
- 3 tbsp melted butter, cooled slightly
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
Cinnamon pecan nut filling:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups chopped pecan nuts
- 3 tbsp melted butter
Vanilla frosting ingredients:
- 60g cream cheese
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Grease your muffin pan with butter
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients until combined
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the combined wet ingredients. Stir until just combined
- In a separate bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Gently fold ½ the mixture into the muffin batter. Keep the other half for the topping.
- Spoon the batter, about ¼ cup, into each muffin cup.
- Top with the remaining filling mixture and place in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and once cooled slightly, transfer to a wire rack.
- Whisk together the frosting ingredients and drizzle over the top of the muffins.
Yum! Send us a message on social media to let us know how your cinnamon and pecan nut muffins turned out. #eetrite